Information You Provide To Us
Information We Collect Automatically
There are some information collected automatically when you access or use our website. Such information includes your IP address, device identifier, browser type, and data about your device. Also, automatically collected information are usage information relative to your visit to our website, such as how many times you have accessed our site, how long you stayed in our site, and how you were directed to our site. Dr. Brian Harkins will treat the combination of usage information and Personal Information as a combined Personal Information.
Dr. Brian Harkins may also use some tracking technologies, cookies, and web beacons to automatically gather information regarding interactions with Dr. Brian Harkins Website or emails.
Please do not use settings in your Internet browser to block cookies. If you block or remove cookies, you may not be able to use some functions and features of our website. Dr. Brian Harkins Website may not operate optimally.
Dr. Brian Harkins Website may also use web beacons. These are tiny graphic images that we embed in our email messages and web pages. This tracking mechanism allows us to know how many users visit our website. It also allows us to monitor the navigation experience of users in our website. We can verify how many links or articles were viewed by users. Web beacons are only active when you are interacting with our website. Otherwise, they are deleted when you leave our site.
In the Analytics Section and under Your Choices, you will find more information concerning the use of tracking technologies.
Information from Other Sources
We may also get from other sources, information about you. Under this Policy, all information we have obtained about you from third-party sources are combined with information you voluntarily submitted to us and we treat them as Personal Information. Dr. Brian Harkins is not responsible for third-party privacy statements or practices. We are not responsible for third-party websites where we have no control.
How we may use your information
The information we have gathered about you are used by us to operate our website. We also use it to send content and services that you are requesting. In addition, we may also use information about you for legal purposes, such as:
- To improve, facilitate, and manage your online experience;
- To answer your questions and comments and respond to your requests. We also use it to provide customer service, send informational notices, and to contact you in the event we need to gather or provide more information;
- To manage your online account. This includes your orders, purchases, payments, exchanges and returns;
- To deliver technical notices, security alerts, updates, and messages;
- To notify you about products, offers, promotions, services, coupons, newsletters, and events;
- To perform research and analysis;
- To prevent and attend to breach of policies or terms, fraud, and threats or harm; and
- To send you advertisements and communications we think you may be interested in;
How we may share information
We may allow access to information collected through our website to our consultants, agents, vendors, and other service providers so that they can do some work on our behalf. However, they are not allowed to use Personal Information they have obtained in the performance of their work. We may share your information only in the following situations:
- When we are performing statistical analysis, sending you email or postal mail, or providing customer support;
- When our business partners, affiliates, and other third parties want to send their own marketing;
- For internal business purposes with our affiliates;
- When the law, regulation, or legal process requires us, such as responding to a subpoena or court order;
- When government agencies requests us to do so, like law enforcement authorities;
- When in good faith, we believe that disclosing information is essential or proper in order to prevent any financial loss or physical harm. We also disclose your information when the request is connected with a suspected or actual illegal activity investigation; or
- For the enforcement of our policies, or protection of rights or property.
We reserve the right to transfer information we obtained in our website in the event of
- Proposed or actual merger
- Any type of acquisition
- Business combination of all or a portion of our assets
- Transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company
Information you disclose publicly or to others
Dr. Brian Harkins website may include features that allow you to submit information freely so that it can be seen by others. We may use message boards. Everyone can reproduce, publish, store, distribute, display, or use such information. We may or may not give credit of the content to you. Once you post information on Dr. Brian Harkins website using these features, everyone can access and share that information with other third parties.
Communications on message boards that are healthcare-related are public. They can be viewed by the participants of the community of cancer discussion who use these features. Dr. Brian Harkins is not responsible for the privacy, accuracy, security, use, or misuse of any information that you disclose. We are not responsible for any information that you receive from third parties, through message boards on our website.
Links to other websites
Analytics services, advertising, and online tracking
We may hire third parties to do advertising services for us on Dr. Brian Harkins website or on other websites. It is also possible that we will hire third parties to perform analytics services regarding use of Dr. Brian Harkins website and how our ads and content perform on other websites. We may also participate in online network advertising. We may join exchanges of advertisements that are relevant to our users. These third parties may also be using cookies and other tracking mechanisms to automatically gather information regarding you and your online interactions. Dr. Brian Harkins may utilize them to track and analyze information. We may use it to send content and advertisements that you might be interested in. We may also use your information to determine which content are mostly viewed and shared by users and to get a better understanding of your activities online.
Our Tracking Technologies may collect data relative to your use of Dr. Brian Harkins, as well as other sites. This data may be used so we will know the different devices you are using and to send you relevant content.
Your web browser settings may allow you to send a “Do Not Track” signal whenever you visit websites or use online services. Dr. Brian Harkins Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Get more information about “Do Not Track” signals for your guidance.
Accessing and Changing Information
You are entitled, upon request, under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Texas Government Code, to be informed about the data that Dr. Brian Harkins collects about you, except for a few exceptions. In accordance with the procedures set forth in The University of Texas System Business Procedures Memorandum 32, you are also entitled to correct information held by Dr. Brian Harkins, that is incorrect.
You can choose not to receive promotional emails from Dr. Brian Harkins. Just click on the unsubscribe link in the email. When you log on to your account, you can also change how you prefer to receive your communication. It will not affect, in anyway, your future subscriptions or communications from us.
Generally, you can disable or remove cookies. But if you do so, some parts of Dr. Brian Harkins Website may not function properly. When you visit our website again, from a different computer or browser, you may not be able to control browser-based tracking mechanism in a similar manner.
Analytics Services and Interest-Based Ads
Dr. Brian Harkins website employs third-party web analytics services to do the work of analyzing our visitors’ usage habits on our website. You can always decline data collection from our analytic services.
You can also choose not to receive advertisements. Read more information of your choices on advertisements or using the NAI tools.